Tips on Finding your Dream Spot
Here are a few tips that will help you find the right cottage for you or your group.
Determine what you need and what you prefer.
There are many things to consider when booking a vacation rental. The clearer you are about what you need and what you prefer, the easier it will be to select the cottage that meets your expectations.
Needs are things that are necessities–they are requirements that must be fulfilled. For example, if someone has a severe allergy to cats, it will be important to ask if cats have stayed at the vacation rental in the past. Preferences are things that may be important but are not considered essential. An example might be requesting a Queen-sized bed instead of a Double bed.
Here are some helpful questions to answer before starting your search:
- How many people do you plan to accommodate?
- How many bedrooms or beds do you require?
- How many bathrooms do you prefer?
- Do you wish to bring your family pet?
- Does anyone in your group have allergies to cats, dogs or other allergens?
- Are there any physical challenges among your group?
- Do any members of your group smoke?
- Which day do you want to arrive and which day do you wish to depart?
- Do you want to be near a waterfront, a village, popular attractions or swimming?
- Which of the following are important to you? (Dock, pool, dishwasher, washer and dryer, air conditioning, linens & towels, WiFi internet, fireplace, firepit, TV, video, etc.).
5 Easy Steps to book a Sandbanks Vacations Rental Property.
Once you have reserved a rental property with Sandbanks Vacations there are five steps to secure your booking.
1. Complete Sandbanks Vacations Paperwork
You will receive a Short Term Rental Agreement (STRA) – also called your contract – via email within 48 hours of making your initial reservation. Read Part A and Part B. Complete and sign Part B of the Short-term Rental Agreement and the Pre-authorization Form on page 6 and return to Sandbanks Vacations by fax or email.
2. Provide a Rental Deposit Payment
This is required along with your completed STRA within three business days after receiving the STRA. This amount varies for each property. Generally the amount ranges from $300 to $1,000 per weekly booking. Shorter bookings require 25-50%.
3. Provide a Rental Balance Payment
The Rental Balance is determined at the time of booking and held as credit card info or agreement to pay via E-transfer. The Rental Balance is processed or deposited six weeks prior to the booking arrival date. If you are paying by E-Transfer, you will need to make sure to transfer the rental balance amount on the date stated (shown on Page 4 of the STRA). For bookings less than six weeks prior to arrival, the full Rental fee payment is processed immediately via Visa/Mastercard. This can also be arranged via E-Transfer to stay AT sandbanksvacations.com
4. Provide Security for a Damage Deposit
The Damage Deposit is provided at the time of booking in the form pre-authorized credit card information (for both those paying by credit card and via E-transfer). It will be held as security in the event of damages to the vacation rental. If there are no damages, the pre-authorization for the damage deposit will expire 14 days following your departure from the property.
5. Receive Booking Confirmation Email (Directions/Access)
Approximately 4-6 weeks before your arrival, you will receive Access Info/ Directions to your vacation rental via email. This email contains your arrival and departure times, how to gain access as well as directions to the property. Two weeks prior to your arrival, please contact the Property Owner or Agent to arrange access to the vacation rental if stated in this Confirmation Email.
Method of Payment
We accept Visa, MasterCard or E-Transfer. Credit card details can be provided to Sandbanks Vacations staff by phone during business hours. E-Transfers can be made to stay AT sandbanksvacations.com.